Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Telling Time

My oldest daughter is now in public school.  That hasn't put me on the teaching sidelines by any means, though.  The most recent concept that she has needed help in fully grasping has been the 'quarter-to', 'quarter-past', and 'half-past'.  I got tired of constantly having to redraw a clock on the whiteboard or erase the hands on a clock drawn on a piece of paper.  So, while she was at school one day, I sat down and made a template to put contact paper over.  This allows her to use a dry erase marker over and over on the same page.  Now all I have to do is call out whatever time I think up and don't have to help 'reset' the clock while getting supper on the table.


To make it even more appealing to a 6 yr old girl, I trimmed down the edges and put it on a bright pink paper.

If you would like a copy of your own, here is a link to download the pdf.  Please only use it for your private use.  (I know it's not valuable, but it did take some time to create this!)

4 comments:

  1. This is a really good idea. I haven't spent nearly the time I should teaching Gage to tell time. I think I'll use this as a starting point. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is up with all these posts, anyway? Is this part of your nesting process? :) I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is guilt that has driven me to more posts. or maybe it is the nesting...... I am getting more things done around here!

    ReplyDelete

Give pointers or praise or just say 'hi'. Go on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails