Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday's Tip of the Week

My baby boy turned 5 months over the weekend.  If that wasn't enough to pull at my heartstrings, he decided to get a little extra attention by getting his first illness this weekend as well.  The fever, congestion and coughing made it necessary for our first sick visit to the pediatrician.  This then led to his first antibiotic.  What a weekend for him!  I am happy to report that he is doing much better now.  Thankfully, he is a happy baby and hasn't stopped smiling through the whole thing.

Our first attempt at administering the medicine was quite the fiasco.  I was just hoping I got half the dose in him since there was so much pink on his face and outfit.  Ever have this happen to you?
Yeah, so many captions could be put with this picture.  Needless to say, he wasn't too thrilled about that dropper going in his mouth. :)

My solution is quick and easy.  Fortunately, he will take a bottle.  So, I grabbed the top of one from our stash, squeezed the medicine from the dropper into that and haven't had any trouble making sure ALL of every dose gets into that little body.

3 comments:

  1. Only a mother of FIVE would have thought to do that!!! I can't believe how big he has gotten. Has it really been 5 months already??? Great tip...I'll pass that one along to the friends who will be having babies. Sad to say, we are done:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. very clever. however, with my girls, the problem was the taste, not the delivery. I'm so sorry he is sick! I hope you and he are 100% very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!
    Crystal - sorry to hear you are done, but you have two of the cutest little ones ever!
    Larissa - taste and temp were a factor, but I just try to wait until he is hungry to give it to him. I think we have rounded the corner on the yucks, but now #3 and #4 are taking their turns. Such is life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Give pointers or praise or just say 'hi'. Go on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails