Monday, August 9, 2010

Reclaiming My Home, Part 1

I've been working on getting my home in order.  (Remember?  That was one of my goals after my latest little bundle of fluff was born.)  So, I took a break from eating bon-bons (ahem*) over the weekend to work on the basement.

Before:
After:

It took us a whole day to get this space cleaned!  I'm seriously considering banning the kids from the basement.  (Not really.)  At some point over the summer, they found some sawdust and had the bright idea to use it as confetti.  Not one of their best moments.

While I worked on this side of the basement, DH worked on his workshop side.  HUGE amount of work, but it's so much nicer downstairs now!  The tent was uncovered at some point and the little ones have had an absolute blast playing with it.  Bikes can once again be ridden on an open road course instead of an obstical course with hazards every 2 inches.

Next up for this space?  We have some shelving to put up in the newly created storage area to organize all our extra/holiday items.  Then (once the deck project is finished) we will start the process of getting a design drafted and obtain permits for finishing.  So many ideas floating around in this head of mine......

*You all don't really think I just sit around and eat bon-bons all day, do you?  Don't get me wrong.  Copious amounts of chocolate have been consumed lately, but only for coping purposes.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. two reactions: total awe at the transformation and complete jealousy over your basement space.

    ReplyDelete

Give pointers or praise or just say 'hi'. Go on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails