Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Zoo Called Yesterday

We (meaning I) decided we needed a break from the norm yesterday.  Saint Louis has a lot of free or nearly free attractions, and the zoo was our destination.

Two things on our list were the Children's Zoo and the zebras.  The Children's zoo has a petting area full of goats.  Kid #3 and Kid #5 really enjoyed themselves.  Little Boy kept chasing the poor animals around yelling 'puppy!' and loving every minute.
 Kid #4 tried to climb up my leg as soon as we entered the pin.  Here I'm trying to just get her hand out to touch the back of a goat.  She was having none of it.  Try running after a 20 month old with a 34 lb 3 yr old on your hip.  I'm sure we were quite the sight.
 Can't really blame her when all she sees is something like this in her face.
 After we left the goats and Kid #4 realized that all the other animals were 'stuck' in their different cages, all was good.
The weather was perfect for the outing, too, bringing a lot of the animals out for easy viewing.
 We only spent a couple of hours there, but that was long enough with three little ones.  While I was getting the stroller and cooler loaded up in the vehicle, I told the kids to go run in the grassy area of the park.
 Only two had the energy to go play.  Liv decided she just wanted to get in the car and rest.
We had such a good time!  I'm so glad I was impulsive and just went instead of worrying about all the stuff that was put on hold for the day.  Now, I need to find some good indoor activities to get us through the cooler months coming up.  Any suggestions on free activities in the area for little kids?

1 comment:

Give pointers or praise or just say 'hi'. Go on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails