Friday, June 18, 2010

Couponing: Organization


Can you guess what's in this handy little box?  All my coupons.


I've got them organized by Date, Type and Source.  No cutting required.  (I believe I'm a little OCD in some parts of my life.)


There is a Key in the lid of the box to help me keep up the system that has been started.  Too many little hands have tried to 'help' me clean out and reorganize, so this helps me to remain consistent.  :)  The colors are nothing but Post-it brand page markers (glued down to last through the previously mentioned 'help').




All the hanging files have the date inside the little tab.  I used the page markers here, as well.  That way it's super easy when changing the date.  Another benefit is the sticky keeps the label in place.  I found that the little white papers would just fall out as I was going through and getting coupons out.  Plus, after 2 uses, the white papers were done.

Within each hanging file is a labeled manila file folder.  These folders have a dark pink label (Red Plum) or orange label (Smart Source) depending on which circulars were out for that week.

In the very front of the my box are files for other types of coupons.  Here is a run down of these.

Printed. These are coupons printed off the internet.  So many sources for these!  Coupons.com, Eversave.com,  and CoolSavings.com just to name a few.  Also, check out the product's web site or Facebook page.  Many times there will be extra coupons found there.  Keep in mind when printing off the internet you are typically allowed 2 coupons per computer.  Just hit the 'back' button to print the second one.

Mailed.  I get MANY coupons through the mail.  Huggies, Pampers, Lowes, Gerber and such.  Get on some mailing lists and this will start the influx.

P&G and GM.  These are circulars that come in the Sunday paper just like the SS and RP, but not every week.  P&G (Procter and Gamble) sends out their coupons about once a month and GM (General Mills) is very irregular.  I keep them separate just because it makes sense to me.

Other possible files to have - Rebates, Store Coupons or Restaurant.

There are other ways to sort and store your coupons.  Sort by genera (groceries, toiletries, paper goods, ect.) or expiration date.  Store in an accordion envelope system, purchase a coupon sorter online, a recipe box or even a 3 ring binder with baseball card holders.  All of these methods will require you to clip the coupons before storing.

Organize in a way that make sense to you.  Otherwise, the whole process will be a huge frustration.

Tomorrow we will work on getting your coupons together and ready to shop.  Each store has its own policy when using and combining coupons and it can be a little tricky at times.

Take a look back at yesterday's post, Couponing!, by clicking here.

Remember to leave a comment either here or on the Facebook page if you have some suggestions or information that will help others.  I'm trying to cover all the bases; however, with all the distractions around here, I'm bound to forget something. :)

3 comments:

  1. wow! You sure know how to coupon. Couponing is new to me, I could learn from you. I am your newest follower. Thanks for stopping by today.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed! I only have a little holder for my purse, and sure does get cramped in there:o) May have to try your system out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Wow. Is all I can say. How you find time to do all this deal hunting with all the other stuff on your plate just confirms you are a superhero.

    ReplyDelete

Give pointers or praise or just say 'hi'. Go on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails