Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday's Tip of the Week

Fresh baked bread!  Yum!

Well, this is the closest this family is going to get from me for quiet awhile.

Here's what you do.

Purchase the big package of 12 inch wheat hoagies (6 ct) from Sam's Club.  And freeze them.  Yep.  Just toss those puppies in the freezer.

(I know, I know.  Bread just doesn't taste right or have a good texture after being frozen and then thawed.   Trust me on this one.  I can't stand bread after it has been frozen, but this little trick makes all the difference.) 


Now.  The next meal you need some yummy fresh bread, all you have to do is pull one (or any number) out of your freezer and put it in the oven.  Here's the trick.


Start with a cold oven.  Put your frozen bread in said oven.  Turn it on to 350* to preheat with the frozen bread in the oven.  (My oven takes 6.5 minutes to preheat to this temperature.)




After the temperature is reached, turn the oven off.  You now have two options depending on personal preference.  For a crispier, crunchier crust on the bread, pull the bread out of the oven and slice and serve.  (Just make sure the center is completely thawed.)  Option two is for a softer outside.  To achieve this, after the bread is sliced, wrap it in aluminum foil and put it back in the warm oven.  Pull it back out when ready to sit down and eat.  You can butter or season before or after wrapping it in foil.  (We typically do option two.)


It's that simple.  Really!  I can't tell the difference between bringing it home from the store and eating it right away or thawed.  Makes my life so much easier at meal time and the kids love it!


I've got some hamburger buns in the freezer on which to try this method.  I'll let you know how it works out the next time we have hamburgers.  


Hope this helps you all.  Let me know if you have the same results after trying this little trick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Give pointers or praise or just say 'hi'. Go on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails