Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gift Idea - Handmade Ornaments

Handmade ornaments are such an easy thing to do.  Have you looked at all the tutorials out there?  Just about anything you could want to do is available.  How about this 3D Paper Snowflake?

Last year my family did the 12 Days of Christmas for my parents.  (Had to get it in before babies 13 and 14 showed up this year.)  Since my kids are the oldest, we did the first few.  Larissa had done a partridge and a pear in one of her posts.  These were such a cute idea, I got the kids working on a set.

They had such a good time!  My oldest (who has the attention span of a fish) almost made her ornament in one sitting.  



Were they perfect? No.  But, the grandparents really appreciated the kids' work and effort, and the kids were so proud of the finished products.

Another Idea...

Make the ornament sentimental.  My husband's aunt made snowmen for all the grandkids out of his grandmother's chenille bedspread.
Such a wonderful addition to our Christmas tree this year!

Other ideas...
3D Star from Sawdust and Paperscraps
Icosahedron Ball from The Quilted Turtle
Beaded Snowflake Star from Bead Jewelry Making
Owl Plushie
Or any number of other ideas  (Just click on a picture to be taken to the original site.)

Any other ideas out there?  Let me know in the comments or on Facebook to share what you know!

3 comments:

  1. What a good idea, your daughters' pear and partridge are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for the shout out! I have to make another partridge and pear this year for myself. I gave away the other two sets. But of course there are about twenty others I'd like to do. I love making ornaments! Putting up the tree today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The girls loved seeing their stuff up here instead of just Mom's.
    Larissa - Do we get to see any new ornaments this year? I always love what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Give pointers or praise or just say 'hi'. Go on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails