Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Mini Vacation

This summer has been a lot of fun so far.  I'm also finding how much the school year really helped me with having 'extra time' when I wanted to get projects started/finished around here.  So, I may not have many new projects through this summer, but I am busy.

We headed in to Indiana to spend the July 4th weekend with my side of the family.  It's, of course, complete chaos when we are all able to get together; but, it's also a lot of fun!  The kids and I got to stay for another week and had a blast!  Time alone with Papaw and Nonnie is rare and precious.

The main past time while there was swimming.  My kids are like little fish in the water.  The older 3 can all now swim without any aid.  My 6 yr old was even diving off the diving board this year!

Mom purchased a tent for the kids to play in as well.  You can see it in the background of the picture below.  They had so much fun running and playing in the woods - even making little houses for the fairies that live there.  (I forgot I took most of the pictures of this with my mom's camera.)
The older kids got to pic the last of the blueberries with Papaw - in the rain.  Couldn't take my camera out (for obvious reasons), but I did get them puddle jumping.

One of our last nights there, we were able to go to the county 4-H fair.  It's amazing how excited the kids can get over a 30 second ride.  The kids had fun on the rides and we adults enjoyed watching their reaction to it all.
A great visit and a lot of great memories made.

1 comment:

  1. looks like you guys had a blast. saw your car seat cover on one pretty thing...yay!

    ReplyDelete

Give pointers or praise or just say 'hi'. Go on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails