Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday's Tip of the Week

I thought I would take some time this morning to post.  It's amazing how much I miss being in Blogland whether posting or just looking around for inspiration.

So.  I've been wanting to add some privacy to the very see-through glass shower stall in our master bath.  All I could really envision was a curtain of some sort. But, that wasn't really practical since I would have to rig something to hold the curtain rod in place.  Yesterday I was able to find some privacy film at Joann's.  I didn't like the price, but I did have a 40% off coupon with me to take the price sting down a bit.  That being said, here are the tips.  (Yep, you get more than one today!)

1.  Use tape to hold the piece of film in place.
Unfortunately, I only have 2 hands so the extra help was needed.

2.  Really wet the glass and the back of the film with water using a fine mist sprayer.  I just used the little water bottle that I have for doing the girls' hair.

3.  Use a credit card (or the like) to help smooth out the air bubbles.
This was easier for me than using a squeegee like the directions suggested.  Plus, just about everyone has a card like this on hand.

I'm happy with the results.  I get the privacy I need and I don't have a curtain in the way to mess with or worry about keeping clean.
One of these days, if I ever get a Silhouette, I might be able to add some embellishments; but, this accomplishes what I need.  (I need to get some paint on the walls, too!)

1 comment:

  1. That's a really good idea. Wish we had a Joann's. I am always getting after E for coming in the bathroom while I am showering. Might have to invest;o)

    ReplyDelete

Give pointers or praise or just say 'hi'. Go on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails