Monday, July 19, 2010

Getting My 'Bob Vila' On

From this...


To this...

And I did it all by myself!  Weeell...  Kevin did have to loosen the original shower head because 1) I couldn't find a crescent wrench and 2) I'm a wimp.  :)  But, other than that, I did it!  And with no leaks.  Even better!!

I was hoping to have this done a couple weeks ago.  Kevin was out of town on a business trip and it would have been perfect timing.  Nothing for him to worry about if he doesn't know it's being done.  But, as mentioned before, I'm a wimp.

This is going to make my life a little easier.  The older kids can now shower by themselves since the shower head is lower.  (My oldest has an unbelievable amount of hair on her head!)  And, rinsing the tub after a cleaning will be a breeze.  Plus, it's a bonus feature for the guest using this bathroom.

I mentioned my next project to my husband in passing and he called me MacGyver.  I took it as a complement, but now (looking back on it) I'm not sure that's how he meant it.  Things usually worked out OK in the end for MacGyver, so I'll keep thinking of it as a complement.  :)

1 comment:

Give pointers or praise or just say 'hi'. Go on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails