Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Good Book: Part 1

I love to read.  It doesn't have to be anything deep or philosophical - actually better if it's not.  Reading is an escape for me.  An escape from the endless to-do lists and ever demanding life of being a mom.  It's a time for me to relax (usually at the end of a long day) and give my mind a break from dwelling on all that has to be done.

There has been a lot more reading going on the past year since we got a library membership.  Now that I'm not having to pay for a book, I usually have a 'new' one on hand that I'm trying to finish.  I also took advantage of the extra time when dealing with morning sickness and newborn nursing sessions this year.

I'm always on the lookout for something new to read, so I thought I would share some of the books I've read incase some of you are looking for a good book.

I'm sure most everyone has read these, but I thought I would put it on here anyway.  I didn't start reading the series until the last book was published.  I almost put Twilight down after the first couple of chapters, until my sister encouraged me to keep reading.  :)










This is a fun series of books.  Cassandra does a good job with the characters and plot.  A very easy read with a lot of action.












This is another series by Cassandra Clare.  I didn't care for it as well as The Mortal Instruments Series, but I'm still looking forward to reading book 2 when it comes out in December.











This is a fun book.  Very good advice - now to follow it.  :)













This one and the previous book were books that my husband read for work.  Our 'cheese' has been moved several times and this book helped us keep things in perspective and keep a smile through the process.











I'm currently trying to get through this.  It's a deeper read, so it is taking me more than a day or two to read.  It has a LOT of good advice and has 'new' ideas brought forth than most marriage books I've read.












Well.  This is quite the mix, huh?  I'll do another list of books sometime soon, but try to keep each of them short.  Hope there is something that interest some of you out there.  Happy reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Give pointers or praise or just say 'hi'. Go on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails